11 April 2010

Prayer by Names

Lately I have been thinking a lot about prayer and how important it is to everything we do. I have been convicted that I need to spend more time in prayer, I want my first instinct when something comes up to be to pray about it to take it and lay it at Jesus's feet no matter how big or small.

If you have read my blogs from last outreach or spoken with my while I was back in the US, you have heard about my passion for the VVF women. The women who are affected by a childbirth injury that causes them to constantly leak urine, resulting in them being outcast from society. Leaving these women destined to live a life on the outskirts, many of them basically waiting for death. Lord willing we will be doing surgery on 68 of these women coming up in about 6 weeks starting the end of May and running until the beginning of July. This last month and in the month ahead we are getting together names of potential patients and then will be screening them when our surgeon arrives in late May.

As the list of potential patients is growing, it has been on my heart that we need to begin praying for them by name. The referrals we have recieved so far is nearing 200 and as I said we will be doing around 68 surgeries. God has a plan for everyone of these names. Some of them we will be able to help and some we wont but either way I am praying God uses this experience to show them hope and to show them His love. If you feel led to join me in specific prayer for individual women please email me (inthedustonmyfeet@gmail.com) or comment with an email address and I will get you a list of a few first names you can start praying for. I trust that God has already started the work, but join me in praying that each women's mind, body, and spirit is prepared for the journey ahead of her over the next few months.

2 comments:

  1. sign me up, Maggie..funnyfarm_6@yahoo.com
    God's blessings on your day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can I pray for...besides you of course! :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete