20 August 2011

Can I go home yet?

Before I left for this trip I found myself selfishly fighting this feeling of wishing it was over already. I felt this way because I knew that at some point I would get to my breaking point where I feel completely and utterly exhausted and frustrated. I can't even find the right words to describe that feeling, I just feel done. This point came after 5 days of working long days in the heat and 2 nights of very interrupted sleep with trips to or calls from    the ward. The one good thing about getting to this point in the trip is that I then get over it. I found  some space, talked to God, and took a nap and now I find myself on the other side of the mountain and I like it here. The surgeries are done, there is time to play games in the evening, time to dance, make necklaces, and sit outside with the ladies. Time to breathe. I love this time when you realize why you pushed so hard. God teaches me a lesson in those times. He reminds me that He is the one carrying me, I am not strong enough to simply push through as I often fool myself into believing. I need His grace and strength to fight my way to the other side of the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment