02 May 2010

A Good Laugh

Today I was down visitig the wards when one of the patients came up to me bringing a translator along with her. She was a patient who had had some max-fax surgery, I believe she had some kind of facial tumor removed. So she had a dressing around her head. The translator says to me, she says she has a house fly in there, and points to the dressing on the back of her head. I think to myself no way a fly got under that dressing but I will lift the edges up just to maker her think I am looking. Sure enough after lifting the end of the bandage up a fly flew right out at me. It took me by suprise along with the other nurses and the translator we all started laughing so hard. The patient didn't laugh a bit, she knew it was in there all along ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my..how did it get in there? So glad you got it out..so glad to read your update! Earl encouraged us all today to and why we pray for our missionaries. We are lifting you and your "ship" up to God for blessing and healing. Have a good week. love you..twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, Maggie. I enjoy reading your updates. What a ministry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Maggie! That is crazy! That poor girl!

    Have a blessed week!!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing picturing this whole thing in my head :)
    Love ya
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing and for my now unsettled stomach;)

    ReplyDelete