24 May 2010

They are here, they are beautiful





I just love their faces. I feel as if everyone tells this amazing story.

It was screening day today! My ladies are finally here. The day was wrapped in prayer and I am so grateful. Thanks so much for all the prayer. We screened 66 women. The process went smoother than I ever expected. We had to say no to a few but basically only those whose repairs were far too difficult or they didn't have a fistula at all. Other than that we were able to schedule all of them for surgery!!!!!!!!!!! God was in the details big time today. Tomorrow surgeries start and I am ready for the ride.

Check out my part fellow coordinator Lindsay's blog to read a little more about the ladies and screening process. She wrote it so well... and I was to lazy to do the same ;)

6 comments:

  1. Praying for your women today and wondered how they are..so I will pray for surgery today..they are soo beautiful!! God's blessings rest on the Mercy ship and all that dwell within! Love and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are so beautiful, I want to kiss each cheek! God has made a special place in my heart for your ladies, and I lift them (and you) up to Him all day long!

    Isaiah 40:26
    Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

    Isaiah 40:29
    He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.


    Hugs/Prayers,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Maggie, they ARE beautiful. What a wonderful opportunity you have to touch these precious ladies. I lift you and them up to the Lord in prayer!
    Renee S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, and Amen!!
    The beauty of suffering that I see in each of their eyes, and the beauty of hope!!

    Blessings and mercy, protection and peace be on each one of them and each one of you and your co-workers!

    Dear Almighty Father God,
    Cover the Mercy Ship with Your amazing love and power, Your healing strength, and Your precious peace that ALL may know You are an awesome GOD!!

    In the name of JESUS,we pray Amen.

    Sandy Y

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Sandy, and again I say Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it fantastic that God leads young talented people to serve Him in this way
    Praying for the skill of the surgeon and complete healing for these courageous woman and that His name will be glorfied.
    Love and Blessings to you and your fellow workers. Beccys Mum

    ReplyDelete