03 March 2010

He doesn't need me

Tonight is my last night in the US before heading out to Africa and it has been a good one. I have been flying around like a crazy women trying to get all the last minute details done. Then tonight was communion at church and it was really good to stop, slow down and refocus and get myself looking where I should be at a transition time like this.
I had some support money checks to turn into the mission fund tonight while at church. As I added up the amount I had and then added in the amount that had already been placed in the fund in my name I was in awe. As I mentally processed that I had the exact amount of money that I needed and I had basically done no fund raising this time, I almost couldn't wrap my head around it. Then I thought to myself, why are you so shocked? Where is your faith? How can I continue to doubt when God has been continually faithful? The truth is God doesn't need me to do the leg work. He can do it all by himself. Don't get me wrong we can't just sit back and wait for God to drop what we need in our laps, but sometimes He says just serve and He will work out the rest. He is the God of the details and the God of perfect timing and He is AWESOME!

4 comments:

  1. I am in awe of how God worked out all those details for you!! Our is is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maggie that is incredible!!! Im excited for you and this next African adventure that God has for you. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s Amazing Maggie!
    God is so good to us even when we don’t know what’s going on...imagine..He knew you were going to come bake to Africa Mercy so he had it all planed out..Even before your time..That’s cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is awesome!! Love ya and Praying for you!!
    K

    ReplyDelete