28 March 2010

Mosquito Hunting

So just a little glimps into my Sunday evening, I spent about an hour on the gangway with one of my favorite ghurka's Lok (affectionately nicknamed Papa Lok). There are a lot of flys here more than I noticed last year in Benin, don't know why. So the ghurka's have the most awesome version of a fly swatter I have ever seen. It looks like a small tennis racket and when you push a red button it gives a little electric zap that kills the fly or mosquito and makes a super cool zappy noise. So Papa Lok let me play with the electric fly swatter. Apparently all the fly's were scarred of me and had been warned by all the other flys about the electric fly swatter of death. But I did manage to kill one mosquito, I am sure the misquito I zapped was carrrying the malaria, so now thanks to me Togo is now one malaria ridden misquito less. Now if only we could kill the rats and the cockroaches that are such great company as I walk the dock just as easy.

2 comments:

  1. funny maggie - i can just picture you out there playing with that swatter. maybe you could bring one of those back so we can play too. a. janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cool mosquito/fly killer! We could use some of those in Mexico! :) Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading up on your adventures and pray that God will bless your work for His glory and praise!
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete