22 March 2010

Words I didn't have

Last Friday I spent trying to make contacts with a number of doctors throughout Togo who have been helping to find VVF women for us and referring them for possible surgery coming up in a couple of months. One local surgeon here in Lome said he had over 10 women for me, so when we contacted him my translator Caleb realized he was going to be going to the same hospital this doctor worked at later that day with some other nurses from the ship and thought it may be easier to meet in person. I was game to go and thought it would be a fun field trip to get to go see the local university hospital.

I went with 2 of the nurses here Suzanne and Becca, who coordinate the Burkitt's program. I had the opportunity to meet 2 of their patients, two precious little boys. We spent a couple of hours at the hospital trying to get everything sorted and I spent most of the time just playing with these little guys along with some of the other children in the pediatric unit. I have been wanting to write a little about my experience that day. About how these little boys and their stories break your heart, but I just couldn't find the words. So here is a link to Becca's Blog. Please keep Suzanne and Becca in your prayer's along with this program that is just getting underway this outreach.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all as the devil would try to discourage you. Know that God has prepared the way and has already choosen the lives that will be touched by the Africa Mercy while in Togo.

    I love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete