07 March 2010

Traveling Mercy to Togo!

I am safely in Togo! The traveling went smoothly with no major drama, which I am so thankful for because I seem to be the queen of traveling drama. I was so grateful to be able to meet up with a fellow Mercy Shipper and close friend Beccy in London and do the second half of the trip with her. I arrived last evening around 930pm local time. My new room is great! I know 2 of the 3 roommates from last year and that is a blessing to be able to settle in a little quicker.
I will start full steam Monday with getting acclimated to the VVF coordinator role which is going to be new for me this year. If you have spoken with me or read my blog entries from last outreach you know that my heart and my passion rest with the VVF ladies. God opened a door for me to coordinate the program this year and although I am totally intimidated by the prospect of a leadership role and responsibility of this level, I know this is what God has for me, and I will go with the confidence that He is laying the path before me and the knowledge that he hasn't failed me yet. He has also provided me with the blessing of sharing this role with a good friend of mine Lindsay, and I am really excited to be serving in this role along sider her.
Now although I am excited about VVF this role is not going to be in full swing for a little while yet as surgery doesn't start for VVF until mid-May. Until then I will be back in my old role working as a ward nurse. I am excited to get back into the swing of this. I think this will be a good transition back into ship life and the outreach ahead.

1 comment: